Monday, July 30, 2007
The 7 Reasons To Become An Individual Maid
1. Your start-up costs are minimal. It's really up to you to decide your budget. The truth is that you can start your business with no money at all. Use your customers cleaning products/supplies and find your customers by printing some cheap flyers from your mother's computer. Or you could just post a free ad on Craigslist - somebody's bound to find you if your rates are cheap enough.
2. You get to create your own work schedule. Gone are the days when you need to be at work at a certain time. You get to show up when you want to show up now. Sure, the customer may be waiting on you. But who cares, there's another sucker searching on Craigslist right now.
3. You don't have to pay taxes. The IRS will never know how much you make because you require cash only. Of course, you'll take a check if your customer will write the check directly to you.
4. You get to make more than $15 per hour. You know what the professional maid service companies are charging their customers. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you can get away with charging just a little less than them. After all, it's just housecleaning.
5. You get to quit without any notice. It's your right to go where the money is. If somebody is willing to pay you more, then you'd be a fool to clean another house for less money. Take the higher bid. Everytime.
6. You get to call yourself a business. You do have a business license to prove it after all. Sure, the license only cost about $25 bucks. But it's an official document. You're a business owner.
7. You can't be fired. Sure, you can lose a customer or two. But the truth is there's plenty more where they came from. With your rates, it would take a real idiot to not hire you. So quit worrying about your quality. Quit worrying about your punctuality. And quit worrying about your professionalism. Your customers only care about one thing anyway. Your customers hired you because you're cheap.
What a great gig!!