Monday, July 23, 2007
The Advantages Of Premium Pricing
A discounted price for your maid always means that you should expect a discounted maid service. Something is going to have to be a little less than stellar. Click here here to read last week's article regarding discounted pricing.
Of course, you should expect more if you pay a premium for your maid service. Here are some basic things that you should expect if you pay more than your neighbor does for a maid service.
1. We're going to be on time every time. That's what happens when you treat your maid service like a business.
2. We're going to listen to you. That's what happens when you treat your maid service like a business.
3. We're never going to reschedule your cleaning at the last minute. That's what happens you treat your maid service like a business.
4. We're never going to quit cleaning for you. That's what happens when you treat your maid service like a business.
5. We're going to raise our rates at some point. That's what happens when you want to keep treating your customer like a customer.
Yes, the last point is the same last point as the discounted pricing argument. However, there are stark differences.
An individual maid raises prices because she knows that she can get away with it. After all, all of the professional cleaning companies are already charging a lot more than her.
A professional maid service raises prices because we need to continue to attract and retain the best employees. Premium customer service has to come from some place. That place is you.
You decide what your expectations are when you write the check. For some, the individual maid is all they need. But for others, receiving premium customer service is worth the extra few bucks.