Here are a few quick and easy recipes that you can use to create your own homemade cleaning products.
• Create a solution of dishwashing liquid and water for use as an all-purpose cleaner.
• Clean countertops by alternating between white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Put one on the counter, then the other and wipe.
• To clean the carpet, sprinkle baking soda, and vacuum after 15 minutes.
• Scour greasy pots and pans with salt.
• Try olive, almond or walnut oil to polish furniture.
• To clean the bathtub and tile, use vinegar (rinse well, as it can corrode some fixtures) or mix 2 drops of tea-tree oil with 1 cup of water.
• For the toilet, let 1/2 cup of vinegar stand for a few minutes, brush the bowl and flush.
• Mix equal parts white vinegar and hot water to clean windows and glass.